PLEASE SIGN THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT IN WHICH THE REASONS FOR THE OBJECTION ARE OUTLINED. YOUR SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED BY FRIDAY 25 JUNE 2004
OBJECTIONS TO THE 2004/2005 DRAFT BUDGET BY THE KUNGWINI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
WE, THE UNDERSIGNED, REJECT THE KUNGWINI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY DRAFT BUDGET FOR 2004/2005, AS ADVERTISED ON 7 JUNE 2004 / FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. The guideline of the National Treasury indicates an increase of 7% in own income for the Municipality assessment rates represent own income. The total expenditure for 2004/2005 is limited to R174 372 854 but the draft budget provides for R184 684 508 with a budgeted income of R225 425 908. Own income shows an increase of 15% and is therefore 8% above the guideline of the National Treasury.
2. The draft budget shows a surplus of R40 741 400 without indicating for what purpose this very large amount will be used.
3. The draft budget shows an expense of 42,6% in respect of salaries & allowances. This amount must be limited to 33,4% to be in line with the IDP of the Kungwini Local Municipality.
4. The Municipality has not consulted the community on a revised IDP. The Ward Committees made inputs (which were signed for) but no draft amended Flan has been tabled. The IDP forms the basis of the budget.
5. In the budget there is no real indication of services to be delivered in the Bronberg-area; whilst the National Treasury states: "It should be noted that when imposing property rates against any sector or area, the municipality must take account of the services being provided to that sector or area." In contrast to the total lack of and/or poor services the Municipality anticipates an income from this region of R81 481 800.
6. The proposed assessment rates and tariff increases have not been advertised as required by Section 10G(7) of the Transition Act 209 of 1993 and Section 75A of the Systems Act, inserted by section 39 of Act No. 51 of 2002, Possible objections to the assessment rates and tariffs will be submitted once the advertisements have been published.
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE FORM